To achieve optimal results from your aeration and seeding we suggest that you follow these guidelines.
- Begin watering right away. Light frequent watering is best for new seeding. We recommend watering lightly (just to the point of puddling) twice per day. Continue twice per day watering until you see grass seed germinating. Bare areas and areas along pavement, sidewalks, areas on slopes or under large trees can dry out quickly and may need special attention.
- Cut watering back when you see new grass plants reach 2” in height. Water once per day, by this time temperatures should be cooling and natural rains will help establish the new plants as well.
- Don’t worry about the cores left on the lawn. this soil and the aeration holes create great seed beds and will dissolve over time.
- Skip mowing for a week or two. Let the lawn grow a bit, it will help retain moisture for the new seed. Once it reaches 4.5 -5” cut the lawn to 3.5” Never cut fescue lawns lower then 3 inches. Mowing at the proper height will drive roots deeper, keep weeds down and help the turf establish more quickly.
- Be Patient! Seed Germination can take up to 21 days. Don’t stop watering during this period, seedlings are very susceptible to drying out and dying because they have not developed the root structure to support themselves through dry spells.
- NuLeaf is here to help, please contact us at anytime. We are supplying necessary fertilizers through our normal applications for proper establishment.